To our SWEAT FAMILY,
We want to continue to have a proactive dialogue during this incredibly difficult time. We continue to monitor information coming from the federal government, local government, and the CDC recommendations for best practice. As all of you know, this is a fluid situation developing hour by hour. With all of that said, we want you to know your safety is our first priority and at this time we feel the best course of action is to temporarily close the gym, effective March 19th through March 31st, 2020 or until further notice. We realize that this will create a large inconvenience for our membership base.
We will be offering the following alternatives for our members while our facility is closed:
- Pre-recorded exercises via the Functional Solutions technology that we use on the TV monitors above the treadmills and essentially creating an “at home” version of our 3 day workout split and a specific core workout. They will be adjusted in a way so you can perform the exercises at home and under the assumption that you have no equipment. Please contact Marisa or Theresa by email if you would like to participate in these. Then we can supply you with the links, so you can start these immediately.
- Starting next week, we will be offering virtual training videos for specific class times. Our staff will be finalizing the technology we will be using for trainer led classes. Once finalized, we will send out more information within the next couple of days, which will indicate how the process will work. We anticipate that this will require individuals to sign up for a specific class through Mind Body. That way we can then send each client registered a link which will connect to you virtually.
- We are anticipating doing numerous outdoor, trainer led classes (hiking, jogging, body weight, etc). Similar to the online live video option, we expect to roll this out and be live next week.
- Additionally, we will still be offering our Next Step meal service and Dotfit nutritional supplements/shakes for purchase during this period. Thus we will have certain, preset hours, to pick up your products each week that we will note in a subsequent email so please continue to order your products.
We have also been in active dialogue with the Chamber of Commerce about how to support the Anthem Community. We continue to think through various options. A few potential items that are under consideration include providing free workouts for those that volunteer to certain causes or support the community financially. Details to follow.
During these difficult and uncertain times, we want our members to know we remain committed to building SWEAT into the absolute best experience, bar none. We will also be doing our best to minimize the hardship on our employees by providing as much support as possible until business is back to normal. If you are a member with us, please know that by continuing your membership, you are directly supporting our wonderful staff. We are a small locally-owned and managed business and not immune to the crisis. If you know of someone that is not a member, but considering their options to join a gym when things settle down, please consider having them call and pre-pay for a future membership service.
Our number one priority is to ensure our members, employees and their families remain safe while providing healthy workout options during these stressful times. We will continue to monitor developments and as things evolve we will communicate that information to our membership.
On a positive note, we have some exciting things we have been hard at work on and will rolling out in the near future! (subject to the current environment.)
- We will soon be announcing the “new” SWEAT Lifestyle challenge and formed partnership with a local registered dietician. This service will be available for current and future members of SWEAT and will offer a more comprehensive & healthy approach to nutrition, meal planning, weight loss, etc. It will be renamed the SWEAT Lifestyle Challenge!
- You asked, we listened. YOGA coming soon! We have had discussions with numerous yoga teachers and will be rolling this out as an added benefit to your SWEAT membership. We anticipate starting with 3 hours a week and if popular enough will expand to additional classes.
Lastly, we thank you for your continued patronage and loyal support. We appreciate the opportunity to have you a part of the SWEAT family and look forward to a healthy journey together!
The SWEAT Team