To our SWEAT Family:
We just got the green light to reopen and we are excited to welcome you back! We have a few new guidelines in place so we can adhere to the restrictions and protocols as required by the Arizona Department of Health Services. Please note that these guidelines may change and new protocols may be added as we receive further directives from our state and local government.
REOPENING POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- All members will be informed of all reopening policies and procedures.
- All members MUST stay home if sick, have virus symptoms (i.e., fever, cough, or shortness of breath) or have had close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
- All members will have a temperature check at the front door before proceeding to the workout area:
- Temperature must be UNDER 100.4 degrees. The CDC defines a fever as having a measurable temperature of at least 100.4 degrees.
- If member temperature reads at or over 100.4 degrees, the member can wait 5 minutes in a specified, socially-distanced area and have the scan repeated one additional time.
- If member temperature, after the two scans, remains at or over 100.4 degrees, that member may not enter the gym to workout.
- Members will be directed to contact a healthcare provider for medical advice and will be expected to follow CDC recommended steps.
- All members MUST wear a face covering or mask while in the gym.
- Members who do not have a mask will have the option of purchasing one.
- Members will use membership tags to complete a touchless check-in at the front desk.
- Upon check in, members will be directed to a specific workout zone and lane (see below).
- All members will be asked to follow CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID while at SWEAT.
SMALL GROUP CLASSES:
- During this reopening phase, class size will be limited in order to adhere to proper social distancing.
- Members will be required to sign up for classes online.
- Members will be directed to individual workout zones and lanes as noted by taped areas on the gym floor. These lanes will keep members more that 6’ apart during the class.
- Members MUST stay in their workout zone/lane for the duration of the class.
- Classes will be 50 minutes in duration, allowing for proper cleaning and sanitizing between each class.
- Each lane will have a bucket containing sanitizing spray and a clean towel.
- Members will be asked to help clean the areas and equipment that they touched or used in their lane during the class.
- Hand sanitizer and a bin for used towels will be located at the exit.
- SWEAT will operate one-way member traffic with one specified entrance and one specified exit.
- SWEAT will post signage at the main entrance about how to stop the spread of COVID-19 and rules for the facility.
- SWEAT will implement mandatory touchless check-in and will not accept cash for retail purchases. Members must use the credit card on account for all retail purchases.
- SWEAT will operate with limited and reduced hours to allow for additional cleaning during closure of the facility.
The Operating Hours will be:
Monday – Thursday
5 am – 12 pm
4 pm – 7 pm
5 am – 12 pm
4 pm – 6 pm
8 am – 11 am
- Hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes and no-touch trash cans will be located throughout the facility for use by members and staff.
- The drinking fountain will be closed but the water bottle filling station will be available.
- The locker room shower will be closed and unavailable for use during this time.
- All staff MUST alert management and stay home if sick, have virus symptoms (i.e., fever, cough, or shortness of breath) or have had close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, especially a family member at home.
- All staff MUST wear a mask or face covering during the entire shift.
- SWEAT will provide disposable masks, disposable gloves and hand sanitizer for all staff.
- All staff will be trained on hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette along with the required cleaning and disinfection methods for the facility.
- All staff will be asked to follow CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID while working at SWEAT.
- All staff MUST wash hands regularly during each shift and use hand sanitizer.
- All staff MUST adhere to social distancing guidelines during entire shift.
- All staff MUST have a temperature check prior to the start of all shifts. Temperature must be UNDER 100.4 degrees.
- The CDC defines a fever as having a measurable temperature of at least 100.4 degrees.
- If staff temperature reads at or over 100.4 degrees, they can wait 5 minutes and repeat scan.
- If staff temperature, after the two scans, remains at or over 100.4 degrees, that staff member must alert management immediately and will be sent home. The staff member will be directed to contact a healthcare provider for medical advice and will be expected to follow all CDC recommended steps.
- Staff members will not be allowed to return to work until the criteria to discontinue self-quarantine/home isolation are met, in consultation with healthcare providers and state and local health departments.
ADDITIONAL CLEANING & SANITIZING MEASURES:
- The front desk staff and trainers will clean and sanitize the facility frequently and throughout the day, especially focusing on high-touch items and surfaces.
- In addition to daily cleaning and sanitizing, the facility will be deep cleaned once a week by a professional cleaning crew.
The health and safety of our members is our top priority and we appreciate your loyal support as we work through these reopening guidelines and restrictions. The SWEAT team is pumped and ready to welcome you back and excited help you reach your fitness goals. We all look forward to seeing you soon!
The SWEAT Team